Tuesday, December 21, 2010

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas!

For those of you that know me you know that I love Christmas! I love to decorate for Christmas--it's the only holiday that I decorate for. I love to give Christmas presents and usually I'm finished with all of my gifts around October. Well, needless to say that this year has been different. I had such a busy summer that I kept putting off Christmas gifts until the kids went back to school in September. Little did I know that my fall held many other plans. BUT, I did manage to get things pretty well taken care of thanks to my trusty PINK computer and my AMEX!! I love to wrap presents and those of you who have seen my tree know that the presents underneath are all coordinated with the tree...gold wrapping paper and burgandy bows. People ask me if the presents are real. YES!!! I wouldn't spend time wrapping empty boxes. :) I don't love wrapping that much!

I love helping my kids make presents for each other. This usually happens the week before Christmas when all of my other projects are finished. Well, this year the closer we get to Christmas the more rotten I feel. I was really worried that I wouldn't be able to help my kids. I never should have worried about this! It has been really fun for me to watch them do for each other on their own! Emilee is the sweetest sister ever! She has been working on things that she came up with on her own. Jed's been working in the garage, and Victoria was even helping Samuel out tonight. I did ask my mom to help them. She's coming tomorrow night and I know that the kitchen will be busy Thursday and Friday. I can't wait!! I'm so glad that Grandma can step in where Mom falls short!

I've been feeling pretty weak and tired this week. I thought I was feeling pretty great tonight when Scott was headed to the store to get D-Con. It seems we've had a little mouse problem in the garage. I went along because Emilee had run out of supplies for one of her presents. We were gone for about 45 minutes total, and we bought 3 things. By the time I got home I was so weak I was shaking. It's very hard for me to not be able to do simple things like go to the store. That's ok. I finished my 15th treatment today. Tomorrow will be 16. I'll only have 17 more to go! I'm about half way. I'm glad I get a 4 day break for Christmas. It will give me a little bit of a chance to regain some strength. I'll take some Christmas pictures of the tree and presents and my cute kids in the next few days. I was a little sad to only have 1 tree. The last few years I've decorated 3. Now I realize that there is only 1 tree to put away and this year that sounds wonderful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment