Monday, December 13, 2010

Hanging on!!

After 9 radiation treatments I am doing great! I had a tough day on Saturday so Scott told me that I wasn't driving anymore. It's so hard to have your independence taken away! Sorry to say that someday I'm going to be one of those little grandmas that is a crazy driver, but NO ONE is going to tell me I can't drive...then or now! :) This morning I was feeling well so I got ready early and headed off as soon as I put my kids on the bus. Post office, Target, back to post office then off to Deaconess for my treatment. They were a little behind so I had to wait some. Then I was off again before the nasty side effects kicked in. Costco, Hobby Lobby, Sears and Down East, and right when I was paying in Down East I hit the wall. I shuffled my way back through the mall and drove home. I was so tired, but I did everything I wanted to do except go to the bank. Then, I made some lunch and fell asleep for a while. I woke up and wrapped the last of my kids' Christmas presents and cleaned out my closet. I made it back to rest on the couch and then got up and fixed dinner. By the time we sat down to dinner I was in so much pain. I ate and then made it back to the couch to rest. For Family Home Evening the kids and Scott made gingerbread houses while I rested. I feel so accomplished today! I'm tired and sore and I'm sure I'll really pay for it tomorrow, but I think it was worth it. We'll see what I say tomorrow. Oh, and my tummy seems to have gotten used to the treatments. I only felt sick once today, horray!!

2 comments:

  1. Be sure to let me know if you need anything on those days you're feeling tired and sick. Good job on all you accomplished today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw your comment on my blog and had to send you good wishes on your treatments. Your family is bee-you-ti-ful, by the way!!!

    ReplyDelete