Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Still Waiting

Sorry I haven't posted anything since my appointments on Monday. I really don't know anymore than I did then. The radiologist said that he is on the fence with his recommendation. He said that he is leaving it up to us as to whether or not we choose to do radiation. He said that he brought my case to tumor board, and with the findings of the pathology report everyone there overwhelmingly recommended that I do radiation.

Then, we left his office and drove over to see the oncologist. She was wonderful!! I really feel like she is who I'm supposed to be working with. She is sending my largest tumor to a lab in California. At that lab they are doing what is called oncotype. This tests gives a numerical score after it has tested my tumor on chemo and other things. It gives a score that they base the need for chemo on. The oncologist said that she doesn't do chemo unless it is necessary. I was really grateful for her approach to things! She said that if I do need chemo that I will have it 4 times. They will do my first treatment the week after Thanksgiving. Then 3 weeks later I will have my next, 3 weeks my next, and three weeks later my last. Not too bad...at least right now it's easy to say that! :)

I should know my oncotype score in about 2 weeks. Pray for good results! First is chemo, if needed, then is radiation, if we decide to do it, and then I'll be done!!

Thank you to everyone who is voting for our video!! I was disappointed this week to see that we had competition. The hard part is that the board of directors gets to decide in the end who wins. I know that the votes help too! :)

2 comments:

  1. What's the point of having people vote if someone else chooses? Lame. But your video turned out so nice, how could it not win?

    Hope you're feeling better everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca! (I don't remember which picture is going to show up when I post this, but this is Amy (Clifton)...) I saw your FB post the other day with the video and I had no idea you were going through this. Then my sister Jen sent me the link to your blog, so I decided to totally become a stalker here. What an amazing woman you are!!! (Okay, I've always known this.) Your writing is always so upbeat, you're constantly counting your blessings, you smile in ALL your pictures (don't you ever age, by the way?), and your beautiful Rebecca-ness just shines through and inspires the rest of us to want to do and BE better!

    Sidenote: for years and years I remember using you as sort of my tangible-example of how to be more Christ-like. Well into my mission I would think, "Rebecca would treat this person like this, so that's what I want to do," or, "Rebecca would say this to help this person, so that's what I'm going to say." I am serious. And I want to just say THANK YOU for providing me with that marvelous example you've always been -- and continue to be!

    I will be voting for your video once a day until that contest is over! Good luck with everything. You and your sweet family have officially been added to my prayers.

    xoxo,

    Amy

    ReplyDelete