Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Oncotype Score and Video Contest

Today was a good news/bad news day. I'll start with the bad news so I can focus on the good news...the bad news is we didn't win the video contest. We got 2nd place so we really didn't lose, but the video that won didn't even have sound all the way through. She barely squeaked in at the last minute so I think that the drs that voted must have treated her. That's the only thing I can think of...no music, unprofessional video, etc. It's ok because in realty I did win today...on to the good news...

NO CHEMO NEEDED!!!!! My scores from my test came back so low that I don't have to do any chemotherapy! We are so thrilled! Last night after the nurse had called and said that my scores were on the low side and the dr wanted to see us tomorrow we had a good idea that we would find this out. I was trying not to think about it today because it made me nervous. I was very anxious waiting in the doctor's office for her to come in! We are going to go ahead with radiation. Scott and I both feel like this is the right course to take. I told Scott last night that I was feeling like it was right. He said he'd been thinking the same thing, but just didn't want to say it.

I enjoyed a fun day with my friend Brandi. Thanks so much for your help! Only a true friend would come over and fold all of our laundry and bring me a yummy lunch to boot! Thanks so much Brandi, Kate, and Isabelle. It was a great way to spend the day!!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats. We think of you a lot.

    You have such a great attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you don't have to have the chemo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was my pleasure! Thanks for letting me come. I hope Kate didn't leave a mess with all the dolls. I'll come help you again sometime after Thanksgiving. Keep resting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I was thinking about you all afternoon!

    So happy!

    ReplyDelete