Friday, November 5, 2010

The Drains are OUT!!

Yesterday I went in to see my surgeon, Dr Moline. She came in after seeing my chart for my drains and pulled them right out. She said that she wouldn't make me try to measure dust and smoke any longer. The strangest thing was how far inside of me that they were. Scott's eyes were huge after watching her pull them out. I couldn't watch, of course! One went all the way into my arm pit. The other went almost to my collarbone. They came out of me at about my bra line. I had no idea they were that far up in me!

I've been given a few more things that I can do. I have been able to walk down the hill to the bus stop the last 2 days. For those of you that don't know where I live it's hard for you to know what a feat this is. It's about 1/4 mile to the bus stop, and go to it is easy because it's straight down hill. Coming back up is the big thing. I still can't do any repetitive motions like: vacuum, sweep, mop, or fold laundry. The laundry is the hardest part for me! I have kids that are big enough to vacuum and sweep, and they don't make a lot of mess like toddlers do. The laundry is something that I've heard about...I'm out of jeans or out of this or that. I had to tell kids that I couldn't do any about it. That was hard for me, but several times we got out clothes we were waiting to grow into and wore them big. I hope it's been good for my kids to realize all I do...they still probably don't. :) It's ok with me because they figure it out someday like we all did. :)

And I'm sure you're all wondering if I enjoyed my first shower. It was WONDERFUL!!! I hope to never take a hot shower for granted again! I know that when I have my reconstructive surgery it will be the same thing again though so I'll enjoy the showers as long as I can. I'm sure many of you are wondering when that surgery will be. It will probably be in about a year. I told my mom that she could come and help me with that surgery and I'd wait until she could. She graduates in July so it won't be until after that. I will meet with the plastic surgeon in a month or so to talk about my options.

Thank you for all the prayers and support! It really means a lot to me! I laugh when I get comments about being so positive and upbeat. I really am ok with it. It has been very faith promoting for me and my kids to go through this. When people say that I'm so positive I say, I could laugh or cry so I choose to laugh. Don't worry, I have cried. I am normal, but I am ok about it all. I'm just so thankful that I caught it early and I have such a great prognosis! I also learned today that a padded bra hides almost everything!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment