Thursday, November 11, 2010

Sneak Peak

Sorry to those of you that will get these pictures later. I just couldn't wait any longer to put our updated pictures on. We had these taken just a week before my surgery. I figured that I would be happy later if we just got our annual photo shoot done. I am very grateful now as I really don't feel up to wearing my regular clothes yet. If I do end up doing chemo I've heard that in one day all of your hair just falls out. So...I figured with all of that said I'd be glad later that we squeezed this in before. I couldn't resist the pink! It's my favorite color. Now we have several reasons to have lots of pink around here!

I had my last post surgery appointment with my surgeon today. She said that everything looks wonderful. She was impressed that with my drains out I didn't make any fluid. She took the bandages off and my incision is almost completely healed. Just 2 little spots left. Each of the spots are about 1/4 inch long. She told me that I still couldn't lift anything, and no repetitive motions. That means no grocery lifting or carrying. No laundry folding. And no vacuuming, of course. She said that I can add things in little by little and that by about 6 weeks from now I should be close to back to normal. I don't think it will take me that long, and I don't think she thinks it will take me that long, but she doesn't want me pushing it. I told her not to worry. I won't be pushing it because it's not worth going backwards. We'll see if I say that in 3 or 4 weeks! My spirit is willing, but my flesh is somewhat weak still. That keeps me a little slow going still.

My kids had today off of school for Veteran's Day. All of the kids but Victoria spent the day at Auntie Deborah's house. Victoria and I enjoyed a quiet afternoon. We spent time on the computer and then watched Emma. Thanks to Auntie Deborah for spoiling kids this afternoon. They all came home happy with full tummies. Sam came and whispered, "Auntie Deborah spoiled us. She took us to Krispy Kreme and bought us each 2 donuts!" The full tummies also came from her feeding them yummy tomato soup for lunch and fettuccine for dinner. Thanks for giving me the day off Deborah!! Tomorrow it's back to school for them and a quiet house for mom.

Thanks for all of the votes for our video contest. I've been so sad to see that we have competition! Hopefully we'll still win! Keep voting until Monday at 5:00 pm!!

3 comments:

  1. love the pictures. You girls look great in pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victoria looks gorgeous!!! And everyone else looks good too, of course. :) I'm glad you're getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new pictures! Love the background. I am just tickled Pink! :) Okay, bad humor. I love you!

    ReplyDelete