Saturday, January 15, 2011

Catching up!

This is going to be a crazy post. Just lots of pictures so you can see what we've been up to.


Sam lost his first tooth this week. It has been loose for so long. Just as he was heading out the door to school I was brushing his teeth and saw the tooth just hanging there. I got a paper towel and grabbed the tooth. He jerked his head away and started screaming at me that it hurt and he didn't want it out. Well, too bad--it was in my hand. Then it bled and bled. He was so mad at me that I had pulled it out. After we got the bleeding to stop he was so excited to go to school and tell his friends that he'd lost a tooth!


After I put the picture on of us on Christmas Eve I got quite a few comments of how tall Jed was. That next Sunday I realized how little his suit was on him. I knew it was time for a new suit so we got online (that's pretty much all the shopping I do these days) and ordered this. I still can't believe that I'm old enough to have a son that wears a real man suit! (He's had lots of suits they've just been little boys suits.) On Sunday Jed and Victoria sang in a wonderful youth choir for Stake Conference. I sat and cried at the army of future missionaries! I also measured Jed. Well, he's almost 5'10''. Exactly the same height he was the day before school started. He grew 8" the first 9 months of 2010. Hopefully he'll keep staying this size for a while before another big growth spurt!
By far my favorite part of Christmas this year was watching my kids make gifts for each other! I loved how excited they were to make and give their gifts! The next three pictures show the excitement of Jed giving Julia and Emilee their bunkbed he made them.









Finally, here are pictures of almost everyone in their new Christmas Pajamas. You can tell who was taking the pictures. I realized after that we should have taken a picture of the three girls in purple pajamas since that's what color mine were. Maybe next year! :)








We are doing really well! I have 4 treatments left this week--just Monday through Thursday. I am doing well most of the time. My biggest complaint is my burn. It hurts really badly and keeps me up some nights with the pain. I am very anxious to be done! I did give in and quit driving. It just hurt too much. I hope to be able to drive again soon. It's so hard to not be independent! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now.

4 comments:

  1. Okay, first of all, why are your boys wearing BSU sweatshirts? Gross. That's almost as bad as wearing a Utah shirt. :) Your kids look SO grown up! I hope we get to see them again someday (I don't know if we'll be able to come this summer). I'm so glad you're almost done with your treatments. Will you feel better right away after you're done or still be sick for a while?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really know how long I will feel yucky. One of my friends said that radiation is the gift that keeps on giving. She said to expect to take a month or so to feel better. I really hope that it doesn't take me that long! I'm getting my strength back now even so I hope it will only take me a couple of weeks. I'm not very patient! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph, you better be coming up here this summer! We really want to see your cute babies! If you don't come then we'll stop and see you on our way through. Well, even if you come we'll have to stop and see you in July.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am getting SOOO excited to see you next week!!! I loved all of your Christmas pictures!

    ReplyDelete