Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Our Angel Anna

Last Tuesday I got on a plane and went to see my sweet sister Anna. I knew it would be the last time I'd see her in this life, but what happened I wasn't prepared for. When Angela and Amand found out I was headed to Arizona they jumped on planes and we were able to have a sweet day as sisters. It's been five years since we were all six together. We laughed and cried and cried and laughed. Each of us were able to tell Anna we loved her Wednesday afternoon after her husband gave her a blessing releasing her from this life. The last thing she said to me was, "I love you! I'll see you in the morning." I left her house that day thinking I would see her again, but also aching in my heart for her and her desire to be freed from her earthly body that caused her so much pain. I was worried about how long she'd have to live like that.
That night she was transported to a Hospice Facility "just for the night" so they could get her started on some pain meds. The next morning she wouldn't wake up to see her kids before they went off to school. At 12:30 pm we were called to come and be with her. It was so hard to watch her in such a painful state! At 3:16 pm on September 29, 2011 as her sisters sang to her she drifted from this life into the next. We were so thankful that she went quickly, but so sad that we had to say good-bye in this life!
All six Thomason girls on Wednesday September 28, 2011
January 2011 Anna and Rick "finishing" the cancer benefit run. Rick pushed her most of the way, but Anna wanted to cross the finish line on her own power. She is such a finisher! She won the race that day just as well as she did last week.


Anna brought her kids to our house for a visit last summer. This is such a silly picture, but I'm so grateful for the time that we had together!! July 2010
Oh Anna, we will miss you so much! Our hearts are so broken to not have you here with us, but we KNOW you are in a better place. We are so grateful to have known you. We are all better because of you and everything you taught us. You were such an amazing wife and mother! We love you!!! God be with you 'til we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment